I have posted about start-up life before and I do swear its addicting. The instability, insane hours, insane people, managing others (and my own) unreasonable drive to win. It can drive a person crazy. Or maybe you have to be crazy to being with.
But every once in a while, you have one of those days that makes it all worth while. When something you worked hard for comes to fruition and everyone gets to win.
Today was one of those days. Rusty and I have been quietly collaborating with 5 Minutes For Mom, a very successful (Technorati Top 100 blog kind of success) website for moms, to help them build and launch an interactive community for their readers. Since March of 2006, Janice and Susan, the founders of 5 Minutes For Mom, have been working hard to provide a place where women can share their stories, interact, and learn from other moms in a caring, supportive online community.
Together we launched their new reader community today and I encourage you to go check it out! The idea was to create a place that not only allows readers to interact and discuss what is on their minds, but allows them to share their own blog content as well. The community launched a few hours ago and it already has over 40 conversations going on with 400+ replies. Here are some of the features you'll find there:
- Instantly connect and interact with other 5MinutesForMom readers.
- Start discussions that expose your blogs to thousands of new readers daily.
- Subscribe to a discussion so you never miss someone’s reply to you.
- Every time you reply to a discussion, your picture and blog URL shows up on the 5MinutesForMom homepage.
- Your picture and blog accompanies every reply you add in the community.
- Every time you publish a new post on your blog, it automatically shows up in the 5MinutesForMom community!
- When you visit the 5MinutesForMom community, your tweets automatically show up for all visitors to see.
- The more active you are in the community, the more visibility your own blog gets!