Sunday, October 24, 2010

A small tallish one

Every year, about a week before Halloween, we get together with friends and take our kids pumpkin hunting. We spend the morning at a near-by farm with literally 100 acres of pumpkins. I started this tradition eight years ago when my son was 7 and I was a single mom. I was committed to creating some fun seasonal traditions for him so I enrolled my friends and the Annual Pumpkin Hunting Day was created. Lots of things have changed since then.

Today marks our 8th year honoring this tradition. We meet at the pumpkin patch, spend a few hours picking the most perfect (or imperfect) pumpkin and head back to my house for potluck lunch. We takes lots of pics and video - here's a video from last year's adventure:

Pumpkin Hunting 2009 from Holly Hamann on Vimeo.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails